Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Biophysical Profile - BPP Test

More about the test I had done today.,,

Biophysical Profile aka BPP Test
The Ultrasound Tech gives your baby at least 30 minutes for this test. To pass each one of the test. They check the babies movement, breathing, muscle tone, heart rate and they measure your amniotic fluid.

For the breathing, the ultrasound tech will probably ask you to hold your breathe so that she can see if the baby does what is called "practice breathing" which just shows once the babies born they will know how to start breathing on their own.

Movement - They'll watch to see if the baby will move at least 2 times.

Muscle tone - she'll watch to see if the baby will flex his/her limbs and they look to see if he/she will move his/her hands. (he waved at me) awww (lol)


Heart rate - just like they do at any other visit. She's just looking to see where your babys heart rate is & If at one point in that 30 minutes It'll go up.

Amniotic Fluid - checks the fluid around your baby.

I know some of you who keep in touch with me on here, aren't as far along as I'am. So instead of you all having to do the research on your own about it. I decided to go ahead and tell you all what it is. :)

If I go into labor before Sunday (crosses fingers) Next post will be pictures of my lil' man! :D & Of course if I happen to be induced next week you'll see a post from me then :)

Take care until then.
Talk to you all soon,

Keep in touch
xoxo
bunnyy

Follow me on twitter @sharbunnyy

No comments:

Post a Comment